ASMSU AWARDS FOR DISTINGUISHED LEADERS
The John McQuitty Student Advocacy Award -Awards for Distinguished Leaders
This scholarship supports students who exhibit active educational and professional leadership throughout the university community and ensure that the financial demands and impacts on these students are minimized.
- Supplemental Questions
- If applying for the John McQuitty Student Advocacy Award, please submit at least a 500 word essay demonstrating your dedication and passion for student advocacy, a dedication to understanding students’ voices, and clear desire to diligently represent student interests with fairness and effectiveness while maintaining a good academic standing. Please explain how your various leadership roles have contributed to your ability as a Spartan to make an impact on the lives of students.
- Please demonstrate your exceptional leadership while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Michigan State University and must also be a tax paying member of Associated Students of Michigan State University (ASMSU).
- Currently Serving ASMSU
- Are you currently employed by ASMSU? If so, you may not be eligible to receive this award.
- Are you currently serving on the ASMSU General Assembly? If so, you may not be eligible to receive this award.
- Have you previously been involved in ASMSU? If so, how?
- Are you a student who is an undergraduate and enrolled in the following fall and/or spring semester(s)? (Graduating seniors are not eligible for this award.)