Cole Scholarship - Study Abroad
Study Abroad – The Jeffrey and Kathryn Cole International Study Award provides funds for Honors College members participating in study abroad programs. Applications are due March 1 for summer, fall, or academic year programs.
Preference will be given to: research-focused programs, students who have not previously participated in a study abroad, and underrepresented students (financial need, vets, first generation college students, etc.).
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe any previous international experience.
- Have you participated in a formal study abroad program during your undergraduate study previously?
- Semester and year for program
- Program start and end dates
- Detailed Study Abroad Program description.
- Location(s) (city, country)
- Number of credits for program.
- Total program cost from OSA website
- How many honors experiences have you COMPLETED (e.g. Honors courses, sections, options, graduate courses)? This number should not include the current semester enrollment..
- Please prepare a one-page (single-spaced) personal statement that discusses: 1) who you are, your academic and career goals; and 2) how the study abroad program will complement these goals.
- In what semester and year do you anticipate graduating from MSU?
- Are you a first generation college student? This means neither of your parents earned a bachelor's degree.
- Do you have financial need? If so, be sure you have a FAFSA on file and discuss your financial need in the essay.
- Is your study abroad program research-focused? If yes, be sure to discuss this in the essay.
- Show 9 more