ELI BROAD FINANCE – HCED – Faculty Study Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis to full-time undergraduate students at Broad College. Through this scholarship, undergraduate students will have an opportunity to prepare for a global workplace and position themselves for success in a more diverse, complex, and interdependent world. It provides financial support and recognition to business and non-business students who study in a foreign country through enrollment in a study abroad program offered or sponsored by the Finance Department. This is a one-time award of $1,000, and the recipient of the scholarship must meet the following criteria and apply for the scholarship by the due dates:
• Must be a full-time undergraduate student (i.e., enrolled at 12 credits minimum) in good academic standing with strong academic credentials (a minimum 3.3 GPA) or demonstrate verifiable financial need, with no reference to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap.
• Must have completed a minimum of 40 academic credits at MSU
• Applicant must be accepted in a study abroad program offered or sponsored by the Finance Department in the College of Business
• Demonstrate leadership qualities through service
• Provide two recommendation letters and a resume. Students may not request letters of recommendation from the faculty leader of their Study Abroad program.
• Students must be willing to promote Study abroad when they return to MSU and serve as student ambassadors for the program in which they attended
• Winter/Spring Study Abroad Programs: Apply by November 1; Summer Study Abroad Programs: Apply by March 1
• Submit an anticipated Study Abroad Budget that includes the following: (1) Tuition Costs; (2) Program Fees, including Room and Board; (3) Travel Expenses; (4) Other; and (5) Total Costs
• Submit an essay or personal statement addressing the following questions:
o Is this your first college-level Study abroad program? Please provide information about the Study abroad program, including the location, the number of credits and courses you will enroll and why you chose this program.
o If you were the Michigan State University, how would you encourage more business and non-business students to study abroad? What will you do when you return to help us do this?
o The Faculty Business Study Abroad Scholarship is awarded to students who will add value to their professional and personal skills through international Study. What differentiates you from the other applicants for this scholarship, and why are you the best candidate? Use one of those opportunities to tell us something else we cannot see just by looking at your grades, recommendation letters, and transcripts.