ASMSU AWARDS FOR DISTINGUISHED LEADERS
The Sam Singh Community Leadership and Engagement Award -Awards for Distinguished Leaders
This scholarship supports students who exhibit active educational and professional leadership throughout the university community and ensure that the financial demands and impacts on these students are minimized.
- Supplemental Questions
- If applying for the Sam Singh Community Leadership and Engagement Award, please demonstrate your leadership through your work in community service and a passion for helping others through philanthropic means. Please submit at least a 500 word essay demonstrating your commitment to communities outside of Michigan State University. Please explain how your leadership in philanthropy has contributed to your understanding of what it means to serve a community and how it has developed your leadership.
- Please demonstrate your exceptional leadership while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Michigan State University and must also be a tax paying member of Associated Students of Michigan State University (ASMSU).
- Currently Serving ASMSU
- Are you currently employed by ASMSU? If so, you may not be eligible to receive this award.
- Are you currently serving on the ASMSU General Assembly? If so, you may not be eligible to receive this award.
- Have you previously been involved in ASMSU? If so, how?
- Are you a student who is an undergraduate and enrolled in the following fall and/or spring semester(s)? (Graduating seniors are not eligible for this award.)