SHAWN J. RILEY AND SHARI K. GREGORY ENDO
The Shawn Riley and Shari Gregory Endowed Scholarship for Education Abroad
Grants of $3000 will be awarded to a Fisheries and Wildlife undergraduate student for participation in an MSU sponsored education abroad program during the summer 2021, fall 2021, winter break 2021-22, spring 2022, spring break 2022, or summer 2022..
To be eligible for consideration:
1. Applicant must be a pursuing a degree in Fisheries and Wildlife; either in College of Agriculture and Natural Resources or Lyman Briggs College.
2. Applicant must have documented financial need (FAFSA on file with MSU)
3. Applicant must submit answers to essay questions.
- Preference will be for applicants that are in their first, second or third academic year at MSU.
- Preference will be for applicants that are residents of the State of Michigan, or who spent a significant portion of their childhood in Michigan.
- Preference will be for applicants that have never travelled internationally, outside of North America.
If awarded the planning grant, a student must meet the following requirements to receive funding:
1. Remain a declared Fisheries and Wildlife major through the time of their program participation.
2. Be in good academic standing (2.0 or higher cumulative GPA).
3. Attend an MSU Education Abroad Fair or meet with an education abroad peer advisor, meet with an Academic Adviser to discuss relevant education abroad programs and how programs would complement degree requirements and/or career aspirations.
4. Attend a Financing Education Abroad Workshop, or email Lynn Aguado (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Office for Education Abroad to arrange a time to meet to discuss financial aid and scholarship issues.
5. Be accepted to and participate in an MSU sponsored education abroad program during the summer 2021, fall 2021, winter break 2021-22, spring 2022, spring break 2022, or summer 2022.
6. Upon return to campus after study abroad participation, grant recipients must submit a written testimonial and 2-3 photos showcasing their experience abroad. This is an important way we can communicate to our scholarship donor how much their support means. While encouraging their continued support, recipient stories will also inform future participants about the incredible education abroad opportunities here at MSU. Please review the guidelines for how to complete the requirement at the following web site: https://educationabroad.isp.msu.edu/students/getting-started/financing/scholarships/office-education-abroad-scholarships/.