Planning Grant – The purpose of the Honors College Study Abroad Planning Grant is to support underrepresented Honors College students to study abroad during their undergraduate study at MSU. The Study Abroad Planning Grant includes advising and mentoring, co-curricular activities, and up to $5,000 to defray the cost of an approved study abroad program. Eligible applicants must be Honors College students who are first generation college students and/or have financial need (Academic Scholars Program members are not eligible). Applications are due March 1 for all first year freshmen during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Recipients of the Honors College Study Abroad Planning Grant are required to:
- Maintain good standing in the Honors College;
- Meet once per semester with the Planning Grant advisor;
- Participate in at least one activity each semester (determined by the student and Planning Grant advisor;
- Participate in a study abroad program before graduating from MSU.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe any previous international experience.
- Request a letter of recommendation from an MSU faculty to support this application.