Elizabeth Mangner Neil Overseas Study Scholarship in Journalism
Elizabeth Mangner Neil supported her grandson, Craig J. Gehring, in his six-month overseas study experience to Yugoslavia when he attended MSU. The experience was a life-changing event for him, giving him an understanding and appreciation of other cultures. Gehring established the Elizabeth Mangner Neil Overseas Study Scholarship for journalism undergraduate majors with at least junior standing in honor of his grandmother.
- Applicants will submit a statement indicating why they feel overseas study is of value to them and how this experience will help prepare them for their intended career
- Recipients will be journalism undergraduate majors who will be at least a junior when the award is given
- Priority will be given to those with no overseas experience and to those enrolled in overseas study courses offered by the School of Journalism
- Financial need may be considered
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write a short statement indicating why Education Abroad is of value and how this will prepare you for you intended career.
- In what Education Abroad program do you plan to participate? Include the program name and date (semester and year) of the planned program.
- Have you been accepted into this Education Abroad program?
- Have you previously participated in an Education Abroad program?